At Irlen® Centre North East, we specialise in providing support and assistance for adults and children with Irlen Syndrome. We are dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by this perceptual processing disorder. We understand the challenges that individuals with Irlen® Syndrome face in various areas of their lives, including academic and work performance, behavior, attention, ability to sit still, and concentration. With our tailored solutions and personalised support, we aim to help individuals overcome these challenges.
This syndrome is largely undiagnosed because:
- It is not an obvious problem
- It is not identified by standard visual and medical examinations or by educational and physiological assessments.
- Sufferers think that the visual perceptual distortions they experience are “normal”. They assume that everyone else perceives the page and the environment as they do.
Who is affected?
- Up to 12 % of the general population.
- Up to 50% of those who are dyslexic, and 33% who are autistic, suffer from learning difficulties or have ADD/ADHD.
- Many individuals affected by head trauma, strokes, whiplash, chronic fatigue or migraine.