Irlen Centre North East is able to offer a two day Irlen Screener training course for educators and other professionals. Certified Irlen Screeners are able to administer the initial Irlen screening assessment to determine overlay colour, paper colour and other initial accommodations. This course will equip you with the skills and confidence to accurately screen individuals in an efficient and timely manner.
As a trained Irlen Screener, you’ll learn:
- How to identify individuals with Irlen Syndrome
- The common learning and behavioural characteristics of individuals with Irlen Syndrome
- How perception affects reading, maths, copying, and writing skills
- How perception can affect depth perception & sensory integration
- How to test using the Irlen Reading Perceptual Scale (IRPS)
- Variety of intervention strategies including coloured overlays
- Hands-on practice using the IRPS
The course is ideal for school SENDCOs, Support Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Opticians and anyone wishing to learn more about the science of Irlen®.
Our next training session will take place at 19 Layton Lane, Rawdon, Leeds LS19 6RQ
Day 1 - 18th March 2024
Day 2 - 22nd April 2024
To discuss Irlen Screener Training or make a booking please complete the enquiry form on our contact page.